Equal Opportunity Statement
Institute of Medical & Dental Technology policy of equal opportunity employment, consistent with all applicable federal and state laws, is that no person shall, on the grounds of race, creed, color, handicap, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, political affiliation, or belief, be excluded from any training, be denied the benefit of training, or be subjected to discrimination in any hiring practice or activity at the Campus.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Institute of Medical & Dental Technology complies with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) requiring that no qualified handicapped person will be excluded by reason of the handicap from enrolling in a course of instruction. Students wishing to avail themselves of special adjustments/accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act must disclose special needs at the time of enrollment. Accordingly, every effort is made to make reasonable adjustments/accommodations. Please consult the Campus’s Admissions Office for further information.
Students with disabilities may qualify for additional services/assistance. Students may call our main office and contact Institute of Medical & Dental Technology Admissions’ Director.
- Students seeking admission must be at least 18 years of age to enroll and must have one of the following:
– Verification of high school graduation (transcript, diploma, special diploma, diploma of completion, etc.) showing/verifying date of graduation.
– Verification of GED completion (GED scores or GED diploma).
– Proof of graduation from a foreign institution comparable to a United States secondary school. It is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for the educational evaluation agency to evaluate the documents and provide the translation to Institute of Medical & Dental Technology.
– Florida Home Education graduation including receipt of proper state credential.
- Non-native speaking applicants must show documentation of a score of 60 TOEFL IBT or documentation of ESL diploma program completion.
- All students must have a personal interview.
- All students must submit a signed enrollment agreement.
- Applicants must submit documentation of Hepatitis B vaccination and show proof vaccination has been started or sign declination form. This documentation may be required during clinical externship rotations. IMDT does not provide vaccination series, but highly recommends students become vaccinated.
- Complete Personal History form at:
The Florida Board of Dentistry Dental Radiography Certification Application requires you to fill out a form listing all unlawful conduct of Florida Statues.
Any person with a criminal record at the felony level is advised that he or she may be prohibited from employment in the dental healthcare setting requiring background checks. The form for Florida Dental Radiography Certificate requires you to answer question about any criminal record
The catalog and the enrollment agreement constitute a binding contract between the student and Institute of Dental Technology. Students receive a catalog one week prior to enrolling. Please read carefully prior to signing the Enrollment Agreement.
All courses are offered only in English.
Credit for Previous Training, Education, and Transfer of Credits
IMDT will give consideration for previous training of students who have attended an accredited program that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Experienced assistants with documentation must take the required course to receive the Florida Dental Radiography Certificate or the Basic Expanded Duties course with approval from the Director of Education. IMDT does not guarantee the transferability of clock hours to a college, university or institution. Any decision on the comparability, appropriateness and applicability of credit and whether they should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.
Some clock hours may be evaluated and considered towards program completion. The applicant must present a transcript and catalog from the institution where the courses were completed. The institution must be accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency and the grade must be a “B” or higher. Students must complete at least 75% of their course work at Institute of Medical & Dental Technology in order to receive a certificate.
Students may wish to continue their training after graduation. While Institute of Medical & Dental Technology is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education, it is not accredited. Some or none of the course work completed at Institute of Medical & Dental Technology may be transferable to other institutions. Therefore, the student must contact the institution s/he is transferring to as each institution has its own requirements regarding acceptance of transfer of clock hours. There is no guarantee of transfer of clock hours from one institution to another and specifically from Institute of Medical & Dental Technology to any other postsecondary school or college.
If a potential student is planning to utilize the education and skills taught in this program outside of Florida, please check with the state dental board website for rules and regulations governing that state.
Applicants should schedule an appointment by phone or on campus with an admissions representative and complete an enrollment application. The admissions representatives will provide information about tuition, books and supplies, payment options, and available financing resources. The enrollment agreement is a separate document that will be covered with each individual student.
Applications are available online at www.imdtfl.com
- Personal Interview
A personal on-campus interview with each applicant is required prior to acceptance into any program. The interview gives the admissions staff an opportunity to evaluate the applicant.
- Acceptance by Institution
Admissions decisions will be made 5 days following the completion of 1) an interview, and 2) submission of all required documents (see Admission Requirements).